Fair Trade Laos offers a variety of professional consulting services for non-profits and social enterprises.
We are the leading experts in Laos on the pro-poor Inclusive market chain and are renowned for putting pro-poor income generation concepts into action!
We are team of international and national experts who are practitioners of social enterprise development. Our experts are social business owners, national and international consultants who are working in the field of handicraft, tourism, social business development and agribusiness for a minimum 5 years all over Laos.
As an organisation and certification body we have developed our own standards and membership criteria for fair trade in Laos which includes compliance procedures and control mechanisms. In addition we have worked with many non-profits to provide social enterprise management support, business development services and market assessments.
We believe that it is also necessary to develop an alternative trade and business model that can serve as an example for Lao producers, SME’s, government and other civil society organisations.
1. Fair Trade Laos Labelling
2. Business Startup Services
- Market assessment
- Marketing strategy development
- Business plan development
- Coaching on set up new business including sourcing, product development, value chain upgrade/ development, quality control, pricing
- Producers – coaching on group formation and group’s development fund management, long term strategic plan development.
- Financial management and analysis, basic operation system.
- Branding: Brand concept, logo design, flyers.
- Online Marketing: Website, blog, social media, email marketing.
4. Linkage to organic labelling, corporate social responsibility initiative
5. Facilitation: meeting, workshops, event organisation, study tours, etc.
6. Other Services
- Information about Fair Trade international and Laos
- Information on funding, exhibition or other opportunities to members
- Assisting members to comply with Fair Trade Laos standards
- Market platform for Fair Trade Laos members
Who We Coach:
Producer groups, Non Profit Associations, individual artisans/local entrepreneurs.
Who We’ve Worked With:
- Fair Trade Laos focuses on development of a REALISTIC economic social enterprise models to support the development of Fair Trade in Laos. This includes management support, business development services and market access for producers and SME’s. Currently Fair Trade Laos has 11 members: 8 companies, one cooperative, one Non for Profit Association and one producer groups.
- Coaching/Mentoring community leaders all over the country: accounting, group formation, group management, bylaw development, pricing, marketing and other soft skills relates to business development.
- Coaching Lao not for profit associations who working on Social Economic Development, the coaching program is tailor made to each mentee but the program is focusing on quality management and good governance to ensure quality service is delivering to grassroots.
- Proven experience in business feasibility assessment/evaluation at producer group level including group formation, coaching/mentoring, management, branding and marketing.
- High profile successful exhibitions/ sales during important events such Asian-Europe People forum and World Fair Trade Day (with more than 800 national and international visitors) and Fair Trade town Fair in Japan to name a few.
- Owned and Operating social enterprise in Laos.
We Can Help You Empower the Poor through Social Business!
Who are FTL members?
Fair Trade Laos members are small and medium sized enterprises, local nonprofit organisations and producer groups that doing business on organic agriculture and handicraft. FTL currently have 10 members. However, FTL has certified demand growth in tourism sector especially hotels and restaurants in the recent year.
Click the logo's below to find out more information about each FTL member.